All You Need To Know About Rotary Screw Air Compressors Work?
Rotary screw air compressors are an important part of every manufacturing unit. The compressors are used to compress air for mass production units. The compressor traps air between two meshed rotors and reduces its volume. The air thus compressed is used in a variety of applications including power air tools, pharmaceutical sector, food industries, and many more.
According to reports, the global screw compressor market can see a growth rate of ~6.50 CAGR (compound annual growth rate) by 2021.
Let’s know more about rotary screw compressors.
1. Rotary Screw Air Compressors
The improved version of traditional piston air compressors is rotary screw air compressors. Though the prices have increased with this upgrade, the benefits are numerous. The compressors are becoming highly popular and that tells how beneficial they are.
With such latest advancements in the screw industry, we can see the compressor market grow into a 24.02 Billion (USD) by 2026. Out of all the manufacturing organizations around the world, nearly 90% use compressed air. Since the demand for compressed air is increasing, the growing popularity of compressors is not something surprising.
2. Oil-injected Vs. Oil-free Rotary Screw Compressors
The rotary screw air compressors are basically of two types. The oil-injected compressors are lubricated with oil to create desired pressure quickly and compress air faster. The oil is also used for cooling purposes. Though the oil separates back to the compressor after the process is complete, some traces can stay. These compressors are mainly used for trucks and vans where little oil doesn’t harm anything.
Some industries like food and medicine need completely oil-free compressed air. Even small traces can affect a lot and that’s where oil-free compressors are used. The compressors are a bit more expensive than the previous ones because two stages are required to create the required pressure to compress the air without oil. For cooling purposes some of them use water and others need to let cool after a few cycles.
3. Major Component Of Rotary Screw Air Compressors
The rotary screw air compressors in India are made as efficient as possible by adding all the components that can enhance the working of the compressor.
The Indian air compressor market is growing faster than the global market and it is expected to reach $2.7 Billion by 2024 at a growth rate of 7% CAGR.
- Air-Ends In Rotary Screw Air Compressors: The most important component of a rotary screw air compressor is air end. The air end has an inlet valve through which air enters it. The entered air there combined with lubricant and is compressed. The air is separated before passing the air out.
4. Other Common Components Of Rotary Screw Air Compressors
After the air end comes another supportive component of a rotary screw air compressor that makes it work efficiently.
- Air Filters: Air Filter is used to ensure that only clean and cool air enters the compressor.
- Primary Separator Tank: The tank consists of a mechanical separation process under centrifugal force. The oil forms droplets and falls to the bottom of the tank.
- Secondary Separation Filter: The oil traces remaining after the primary separation are absorbed by a membrane material in the secondary tank.
- Oil Filters In Rotary Screw Air Compressors: Any loose oil particles that collect in the oil after one cycle are removed by oil filters.
- Oil Coolers In Rotary Screw Air Compressors: The Compressor mechanism creates a lot of heat. Oil coolers are used to keep it cool.
- Metal Tubes: The metal tubes make the passage for the movement of air and oil through various components of the compressor.
- Controls: several mechanical and electrical components are used for working of the compressor. On-off buttons, location buttons, etc. are present as controls.
- Oil: Oil is used as lubricant and coolant.
5. Basic Functions & Operation
The above-mentioned components are used systematically to enter, compress, clean, and let out compressed air. Every component plays a vital role in the perfect functioning of the compressor.
These are a few things everyone needs to know about rotary screw compressors. Give us a call if you still have doubts or you want to get the best deal on the best device.
- Air Compressor Manufacturing8
- Air Conditioning2
- Crane manufacturing5
- Handmade fairtrade clothes1
- Havey Machinery1
- Import/Export Business2
- Marine Automation System4
- Natural Health Food1
- Online guitar shop6
- Online yoga classes1
- Oregano Oil3
- Printing and packaging3
- Real Estate10
- Ship Automation System4