How much time does it takes to build a house
Building a new house is a dream come true for people. There are millions of people in this world who are homeless and building a house for yourself is surely considered an achievement across the world. Building a house is a huge task in itself and requires a lot of time, effort and money and you have to be patient and carefully investigate the ongoing progress. A good home builder Adelaide will ensure on-time completion of the work at a decent budget without compromising with the quality. This is 2020 and you would definitely want your new house to be technologically advanced and equipped with the latest gadgets and equipment as per your budget.
The time taken to build a house completely depends on the requirements of the owner and also depends on the contractor. You must have heard that your friend’s house got completed in 6 months while another friend’s house took a year. In Australia, the average time for building a house is around 6 months but there is pre and post work involved in the process as well which takes up to a year. The pre-work involves the time taken by the architect to draw the plans and take permission from the government by completing the necessary paper works. The post-work includes time taken to shift your belongings to the new house and do the interiors etc.
Why do self-made houses take more time?
Self-made houses here does not mean that the owners build the house themselves. It means that the owner decides how the house is going to be made and hires a contractor based on his budget who builds the house. These are also known as custom builds as everything in the plan is decided between the owner and the contractor. In this process everything has to be started from the scratch which includes buying a land. After you purchase the land, all the paper works related to the house must be completed in accordance with the government norms. Best new home builders Adelaide will definitely help you out in these processes as they do it every day for their different clients.
Once everything is completed, the contractor starts building the house according to the plan with time-to-time small and big changes suggested by the owners. This is obviously time taking but the end result is exactly what the owner has imagined which gives them huge satisfaction
Why ready to move houses are faster
Ready to move houses, as the name suggests are the houses that are built for sale in bulk by the land owners. Customers are not involved in the initial processes and are able to book the house only by seeing the brochure and the plan. Customers get the access of the house when it is completed by about 80% which is the reason customers do not have to waste anytime in the initial paperworks and intricacies. Within just 2 or 3 months of booking the house, you get the possession and you can directly move in as the houses are ready by that time. In such houses, customers have no say in the designing and planning that is done on the initial levels.
Steps involved in the home building process
Home building definitely looks simpler but is a very complicated job both for the owner as well as the contractor as you cannot go wrong in any step which is the reason building a house takes such a long time. Below are some of the basic and the most important steps involved in building a house
- It is extremely important to inspect the site where the house is going to be built. This includes the inspection of water and sewerage.
- The foundation of the house must be inspected carefully and all the time must be given to make it as robust as possible
- The columns of the house are the pillars on which the house stands and it is built with extreme caution
- The house must look beautiful from outside and must take on winds, storms and rains with ease so apart from giving time in the interiors, the exteriors require sufficient time and attention as well
How to avoid construction delays
- Always make sure that you stick to the budget and never exceed it. This will save a lot of time
- Stick to the plan you have made in the initial days and try not to divert from it
- Always try to stay ahead of the schedule so that you can always have some days in buffer in case something unusual or unexpected happens