How to buy a bass guitar for a beginner?
Bass guitar is an intriguing instrument and at the same time, it is exciting to play this kind of guitar. When you are planning to buy a bass guitar from a reputed guitar shop Brisbane, you will be flooded with the options. From selecting various types and styles to figuring out which size to buy, it’s a daunting task for you. In this article, we are going to describe how to buy a bass guitar from a well-known music store in Brisbane.
What to look for when planning to purchase a bass guitar?
Certain parameters you need to consider if you are planning to purchase a bass guitar.
- What size is it? The string length usually determines the size of the bass. Basses come in either long or short scale. But the size of bass should be matched to the size of the bassist.
- Does the bass stay in tune? Tuning issues are not very common with basses when compared to guitars. Bass which have larger strings tend to be more stable. You should play your guitar and check whether your bass guitar tuning is stable or not.
- How’s the action? The action means how high the strings are related to the fretboard of the neck. High action makes a little bit difficult for guitar playing. On the other hand, if action is too low, the strings can produce an unfriendly buzzing sound.
- Are electronics in good condition? For electric bass guitars, don’t forget to test the bass with an amplifier. You also need to adjust the volume and tone controls work. If you listen for any crackling sounds, this can employ that there are some faulty electronics or loose internal wiring.
- Are the frets level? You need to check whether the frets are levelled or not. The notes should produce a good sound up and down the neck on each string. Uneven frets are responsible for bad notes on different parts of the neck.
- How thick is the neck width? When you are looking for basses, check the width of the guitar neck. Some bass guitars have wider necks than others. Novice players thus get advantages from having a narrower neck which is a little bit of difficult to navigate.
Different types of bass guitars
Bass guitars can be divided into two main categories and they are electric and acoustic.
Electric Bass guitar: To play rock and roll, electric bass guitars are the utmost option. These types of guitars are ideal for beginners.
Advantages of electric bass guitar
- Since they are available in short scales, young players can easily access them.
- They are commonly used in all popular styles of music.
- They can produce a variety of tones, from smooth jazz to distorted heavy metal.
Disadvantages of electric bass guitar
- Sometimes, you need to purchase additional accessories which will enhance the cost.
- These guitars may not suitable for some styles like folk and world music.
Acoustic Bass guitar: These guitars have the similarity in terms of look and shape like the acoustic guitars. They are hollow and possess a sound hole in the top.
Advantages of an acoustic bass guitar
- They are ideal for playing folk and world music.
- No amps are needed.
- They are easily portable.
Disadvantages of an acoustic bass guitar
- Additional equipment is needed to install. This helps the bass to be plugged into an amp or sound system
- It has a limited range of sounds and tones
- Because of its difficulty level, this is not suitable for beginners.
Music440 has an extreme reputation in the field of the music industry. This music shop in Brisbane has started operating since 2004. The shop has a wide range of guitars including bass electric guitars, bass acoustics, and classical guitars. All the members of the shop sound knowledge of guitar and hence, they never compromise with the quality of products. To know more about the shop, just visit the website and learn more about it.
- Air Compressor Manufacturing8
- Air Conditioning1
- Crane manufacturing4
- Handmade fairtrade clothes1
- Havey Machinery1
- Marine Automation System4
- Natural Health Food1
- Online guitar shop5
- Online yoga classes1
- Oregano Oil3
- Printing and packaging3
- Real Estate10
- Ship Automation System4