How To Make Your Own Oil Of Oregano At Home?
Oil of oregano is gaining immense popularity due to its several health benefits. This natural herb oil is no less than a superfood. It cures flues, treats skin infections, helps relieve from aches, adds flavour to food, and contributes to house cleaning as well.
The use of wild oregano oil Australia has increased in recent years as the studies on the usefulness of the oil increase. The natural properties and no side effects on healthy people make it a permanent part of your daily healthcare routine. The oil of oregano can be used in multiple ways and that’s another reason to make it a part of your home.
You might have doubts regarding the authenticity of the oil of oregano available in the market. To get the purest extract, you can make your own oil of oregano at home with minimal efforts. Let’s begin.
What to Know Before Using Oregano Oil?
Oregano oil usually comes in two variants. Oregano essential oil and oil of oregano. Oregano essential oil is highly concentrated. The strong properties of the oil can lead to major side effects if used directly.
The oregano essential oil must be used after diluting it with some carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil. The oil of oregano sometimes also known as oil of wild oregano is safe to be consumed.
If you purchase from an authentic website like ours, the oil content is free from any harmful additives and the oil of oregano capsules make it easy for you to consume the right amount and the right way.
Let’s Make Our Own Oil Of Oregano
Oregano oil can be easily made at home if you have some patience. The only thing you need to take care of is following all the steps carefully to make sure the oil is clean and fresh.
- Chopped or crushed oregano leaves
- A sanitized jar with a tight lid
- Any carrier oil such as almond oil, grape seed oil, or olive oil
- The oregano leaves must not have excess water as it can spoil the oil
- Find a sunny spot to keep the oil for making
- Take oil and leaves in equal ratio to get the best-prepared oil of oregano
- Wash and clean the leaves well before drying and chipping them
- Follow the process neatly
- Take a pan and boil some water in it while you add oregano leaves and oil in the jar.
- Once the water gets a boil, turn off the gas and place the jar in it. Make sure the lid is securely placed.
- Let the jar sit in for at least 5-10 minutes so that the heat starts the releasing of oil from the leaves.
- Now put the jar in a sunny spot for 1-2 weeks until the oil is extracted completely.
- Make sure to shake the jar once in a few days to keep the process going well.
- Once the time is over, strain the mixture and fill the oil in another sanitized jar with a lid.
- Your natural oil is ready. Store it in a dry, dark, and cool place.
- The oil will stay good for longer if you add a few drops on grape seed oil.
The oil of oregano is a great natural remedy but a few people can be allergic to it. Just like any other skincare product, we recommend starting with a patch test to avoid any allergic reactions.
This is how you can make oil of oregano at home and rest assured that it’s all natural. Let us know about your experience if you make this at home.
- Air Compressor Manufacturing8
- Air Conditioning1
- Crane manufacturing4
- Handmade fairtrade clothes1
- Havey Machinery1
- Marine Automation System4
- Natural Health Food1
- Online guitar shop5
- Online yoga classes1
- Oregano Oil3
- Printing and packaging3
- Real Estate10
- Ship Automation System4