Everything you wanted to know about Kongsberg HMS 100
- 253 Views
- 14th March 2022
The Kongsberg HMS 100 (Helideck Monitoring System) is a system that measures helideck motion during landing and takeoff operations to improve flight and passenger safety. The helideck’s heave, heave velocity, roll, pitch, and inclination are all monitored in real time by the HMS 100. The Motion Reference Unit, or MRU, is at the heart of the system, and it is used to accurately monitor the vessel’s motion. These data are sent to the HMS Processing Unit, which uses our proprietary HMS 100 software to process all helideck motion data. The HMS 100 system can connect to, use, and display data from meteorological sensors while also monitoring the helideck’s ambient parameters (wind speed, wind direction, air and sea temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, cloud height, visibility, and current weather).
In a simple, easy-to-read visual user interface, the HMS 100 system analyses and delivers helideck motion data. It also includes the automated development of a helideck report that can be emailed to the helicopter operator. This helideck report contains critical information for helicopter operations, such as vessel information, motion data, meteorological data, and logistic data. If the HMS 100 installation is linked to the K-IMS or Kognifai web server, live vessel data may be accessed.
Features of Kongsberg HMS 100
Kongsberg HMS 100 is an extremely useful system and has a lot of features which is why it is very popular as well. Some of the features of this system are discussed below
- One of the most advanced features of the HMS 100 system is that it gives the real time presentation of roll, pitch, heave amplitude, heave rate as well as the inclination. This is very beneficial and advantageous
- HMS 100 has a feature called SHR presentation which is also known as Significant Heave Rate
- HMS 100 effectively gives CAP 437 motion data presentation
- The presentation and Meteorological data acquisition is available as well.
- The interface also includes present weather, height of cloud and visibility as well.
- Motion sensor input from MRU, MGC, or Seapath is selectable.
- In HMS 100 systems, K-IMS or Kognifai provide real-time vessel data which is extremely beneficial
- Serial or Ethernet output of motion and meteorological data is available in HMS 100
- As per the new regulations New requirements need a 720-hour logging capacity which is fulfilled in HMS 100 systems
- In HMS 100 systems, the electronic data transmission is done using ethernet which is concrete and advantageous
- HMS 100 systems have a check and verification tool included
Components of Kongsberg HMS 100 system
There are mainly three components that comprises a Kongsberg HMS 100 system which are
- The Processing Unit with keyboard and PC mouse
The processing unit mainly comprises the major parts like Hard disk, 3.5-inch floppy disk drive, Serial I/O board and computer main board and A/D-board. The HMS Processing Unit is commonly mounted on the bridge or in the instrument room, and is intended to suit standard 19-inch racks.
- The MRU H motion sensor.
The Seatex MRU H is a motion measuring unit built primarily for maritime applications. The system includes 3-axis linear acceleration and angular rate sensors, as well as comprehensive data processing circuits and a power supply. The absolute roll and pitch is generated by the MRU H. There is also dynamic acceleration in the north, east, and down directions, as well as velocity and relative position.
- The Video Display Unit
The Video Display Unit comes as a 15-inch tabletop monitor or a 19-inch racktop display that may be mounted on top of the Processing Unit. Optionally, the VDU can come with a 15-inch industrial monitor that fits into a 19-inch rack.
- Air Compressor Manufacturing8
- Air Conditioning2
- Crane manufacturing7
- EOT crane1
- Government Tenders1
- Handmade fairtrade clothes1
- Havey Machinery1
- Import export business2
- Import Export Course2
- import export courses2
- Import/Export Business4
- Marine Automation System9
- Natural Health Food1
- Online guitar shop6
- Online yoga classes1
- Oregano Oil3
- Printing and packaging3
- Real Estate10
- Ship Automation System5
- Video recoginition technology1